Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a technique that uses beams of highly concentrated light to penetrate the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by pigment in the hair follicles and destroys the hair within the follicle.
How does it work?
The Syneron Candela is the ‘GOLD STANDARD’ in laser hair removal for all skin types. It uses safe yet effective laser technology to prevent future hair growth.
How effective is it this treatment?
This is the most effective option for quickly eliminated unwanted hair.
What are the pre and post instructions?
- Shave the day of or day before your treatment. Avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after the treatment.
- Do not wax, tweeze, color, use depilatory creams or have electrolysis on the treatment area for at least 4 weeks before and throughout the entire course of your treatments.
- Do not use any of the following products on the treated area 3 days before or 3 days after treatment: harsh exfoliating cleansers or scrubs, bleaching creams or retinoids (Retin-A).
- Avoid direct prolonged sun exposure 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after treatment on the treated area.
- Avoid extremities of heat such as hot showers, hot tubs, and saunas for 72 hours after treatment.
What is the treatment’s timeframe?
Everyone is different however an average of 6-10 treatments every 5-6 weeks is recommended for best results.
Unwanted hair is always a source of problem and embarrassment. Keeping aside the ugly appearance of hair at odd places, having hair can also lead to bad body odor and sweat accumulation. Waxing or shaving might not always be the most convenient and effective form of tackling unwanted hair. Moreover, people who suffer from hair growth at an unprecedented rate will find that shaving and waxing are never a good choice. In such a situation, opting for laser hair removal might just be the best choice that you make. Here at MD Ageless Solutions, we have specialized in the technique of hair removal with the use of lasers. Our huge experience in the field and stellar reputation makes us the perfect choice for getting your laser hair removal treatment.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is one of the most common forms of hair removal that is done in the United States of America. It is a popular cosmetic treatment and is also highly effective. The use of concentrated beams of light, also known as lasers is directed at the base of the hair follicles. The pigment that is present inside these hair follicles start absorbing the light from the laser. Owing to the light being detrimental for hair growth, the hair in your body, which has been subjected to the hair removal technique, starts to die and eventually fall off.
The benefits that are associated with laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is so popular owing to the many benefits that are associated with it. This method of removal of hair can be considered optimal for regions on the face, arm, leg, bikini line, underarm and other affected areas. Some of the benefits of this method include:
- Precision- Lasers are highly precise beams of light and it is owing to this precision that they are able to target specific areas and remove hair. Lasers are highly efficient in the tracking and targeting of coarse and dark hair and removing them, while the skin surrounding the region is left undamaged.
- Speed- Laser hair removal technique is a fairly speedy process, whereby every single pulse of laser takes only a second’s fraction to target and remove hair from affected regions. Moreover, it is capable of targeting a lot of hair with a single pulse. The approximate area that can be treated with the help of a laser every second is almost a quarter’s size. Areas that are small, like the upper lip, can be treated within a minute or two at max. Large areas on the other hand. Like the back of the legs might take a maximum of one hour.
- Effective- Regions that you remove hair from using a laser hair removal treatments are usually areas that you don’t want hair to grow under any circumstance. Laser hair removal technique provides you the predictability and effectiveness of complete hair removal. It is a fact that people who have undergone 3-7 sessions of the treatment, go through permanent loss of hair from the affected region.
Ways to prepare for a laser hair removal technique
Laser hair removal is not as simple as it sounds and not just anybody can perform this treatment. You need to go to a trained and certified medical professional that is well adept with the nuances of the treatment. It is highly important to follow these considerations because laser hair removal is a technique that involves training and also carries potential risks if not done properly. That is why; we at MD Ageless are the perfect choice for your laser hair removal treatment. We have been providing this treatment to patients since a long time and this has provided us with invaluable experience in the field. Our professionals are also highly trained medical experts who understand the laws that govern the technique and provide you with every requisite precaution that needs to be taken.
We at MD Ageless suggest that you do not undergo any kind of electrolysis, waxing or plucking procedure for at least six weeks before the date of the laser treatment. This is so because; the aforementioned procedures temporarily remove the roots of hair from your body. Since laser is directed at the root of the hair, not being there in the first place would reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. We also suggest that you avoid sunlight for at least six weeks prior to the treatment and even after it. Sunlight has the capability of reducing the effectiveness of the treatment and also comes associated with a lot of health and skin complications that are unwanted.
Our professionals at MD Ageless also suggest that you shave the region you want to expose to the treatment the day before your scheduled appointment. We prohibit the use of the following products for 3-4 days before and after the treatment. These products include scrubs, cleansers, retinoids and bleaching creams. We also suggest staying away from temperature extreme environments like hot tubs, showers or saunas for at least 3 days after the treatment has been completed.
How long does it take for the treatment to be completed?
The time frame for the treatment varies on an individual to individual basis. However, the average time frame that is taken for a complete session of laser hair removal to get over is usually 6-10 complete treatments that have been conducted over a course of every 5-6 weeks, in order to get the best possible results. The time taken to treat a particular region depends on the size of the region. While some take only a few minutes, others might take as long as an hour or two.
Reasons for choosing MD Ageless Solutions
Here at MD Ageless Solutions, we make use of the laser hair removal device produced by Syneron Candela. This product is considered to be the ‘Gold Standard’ when it comes to laser hair removal devices for all kinds of skin type. Safe and effective technology of laser has been equipped in this device in order to provide you with the most comprehensive hair removal treatment. Our professionals at MD Ageless are highly trained and extremely friendly. We guarantee to assist you throughout the treatment and provide you with the best possible results in a comfortable and relaxed environment. Our professionals are trained in the field of medicine and take all the requisite precautions to provide you a safe and effective experience of laser hair removal.