Laser Nail Fungus
The Syneron Candela Nd: YAG is used to help eliminate those yellow, discolored, brittle nails and turn them into clearer, healthier looking nails.
How does it work?
The laser light passes through the nail and the surrounding tissue. The laser light is absorbed by pigment in the fungi causing the pigment to heat.This heat kills or damages the fungal organism. Can result in your nail growing normally
How effective is it this treatment?
During the Procedure: Most patients describe the procedure as being comfortable with a small hot pinch at the end that resolves quickly
After the Procedure: Nails may feel warm for a few minutes. Patients are able to walk out of office and resume normal activities immediately
What are the pre and post instructions?
- PRE: Remove any traces of nail polish, powders on the foot, please clean feet, especially lint as it may burn.
- POST: To prevent new fungal growth, Soak feet 10 minutes daily for 10 days after treatment. Use a mixture one part peroxide to three parts water OR straight Apple Cider vinegar – just enough to cover toes or fingers in a small basin. Allow nails to dry thoroughly before wearing socks/shoes. To disinfect shoes – Spray deep inside shoes w/ anti-fungal foot spray after every wearing, every pair and every time.
What is the treatment’s timeframe?
- A single treatment session takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete
- Most patients show improvement after one treatment session
- Depending on the severity of the nail infection, most patients require 2 to 3 sessions